Sunday, December 7, 2008

Photos from Back to Bethlehem 12/06

Girls making pottery.


Girls were selling wreaths. The saw my digital camera and called it a 'lighting maker' and I told them if they hugged and smiled that I'd draw their picture. So, I took a picture and then put the photo on 'view' and they pretended to be memorized that they were in two places at once.














Baby K getting her 'sandals repaired for one coin'. She really enjoyed this! It was cute!












The Romans harassing a man telling people to not give money to Caesar. Little D LOVED this but last year it scared Baby K. It Looks like they are punching the man and Baby K didn't realize it was all pretend. Not nice at all and too violent for me but stuff like this, and worse, did happen and still does, right? His children raised 50 shekels to give to the Romans so that he could be freed.

















A Rabbi in his school quizzing the children on the bible.

Little D in the petting area, petting some goats and sheep. It was cute that Baby K pointed out (without jealously) that Little D is great with animals.







Little D with a donkey just outside the manger. Last year they had a camel too and they usually do. I asked and where it was and someone told me it was down the hill grazing. I asked if it would be here next weekend and they said (in time era-like dialect) that the camel-renting-business had rates that were too high this year so they had to walk on foot! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment