Thursday, March 13, 2008

Tomatomania 2008

The tomatoes are here!! The tomatoes are here!!! (I feel like running around shouting this).

Check out this website. http://www.tomatomania.com/

They have a few places in the next month or two to go to in Ca. or you can order online.

We have gone the last three years. Funny thing is I only kinda like tomatoes and my kids hate them. BUT Tomatomania is so much fun.

They have about 300 different tomato species. Purple ones with stripes. Ones that look like yellow peaches. Brandywine. Beef steak. etc. etc. They are so neat to watch grow. If you go there to get them the prices were decent. About $5 a plant. I checked and online they are more money and shipping was very high. But this beats the selection of only a few types that a local hardware/garden center would have!

All the sizes and colors look very neat growing in the yard too!

2 comments:

  1. I had not heard about this. I am going to see if I can catch the one in the Los Angeles area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only been to the one in Encino but I'm sure they are all similar. They have some (not many) other plants there and some garden supplies like tomato climbing things (a few types), soil, etc. But the prices for those seemed kinda high. I've gotten mine from Freecyle the last three years now.

    ReplyDelete